Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Gingerbread Mania





So, this was my very first attempt at a Gingerbread house. I wanted to make if from scratch. I downloaded the pattern, followed a recipe and made my fortress. What you can't see or know is that my pattern pieces when downloaded didn't download to the same scale. WHOOOPS! So much for an airtight dwelling. I used dowels as suggested on the ends of the rolling pin to keep it all level. WELL, my dowels were too big in hindsight and I ended up with 3/4 inch thick walls and had to make more dough the following night because I didn't have any more sour cream. I also forgot to cut out a door. As you can also see, I didn't even attempt a chimney. Maybe next year. I had a wonderful time decorating houses with my in-laws. Good thing we didn't keep track of all the candy that was eaten instead of used for decorating.

Uncle Mike sent me the picture of their Gingerbread house. Colored frosting looks so nice.

No comments: