The three neighbors and I all agreed we have NEVER seen anything like it. We were hit for 48 hours with sustaining winds. We had white caps crashing the shoreline. Don't get me wrong that has happened before, but not for 2 days straight. The first picture you see with the shovel was last weeks work. All the beautiful sand down to the rocks. All the sand is gone and the rest of shore line is falling in. I'm just shocked. All the rocks you see the first picture are gone. They are buried. The shingles of course ripped off. And the porch ... well .... I hope Jackie doesn't get any funny ideas about crusing the neighborhood. All she has to do is jump out the window. Who said life on the lake is dull. :-)
Sunday, May 06, 2007
What a difference a week makes
The three neighbors and I all agreed we have NEVER seen anything like it. We were hit for 48 hours with sustaining winds. We had white caps crashing the shoreline. Don't get me wrong that has happened before, but not for 2 days straight. The first picture you see with the shovel was last weeks work. All the beautiful sand down to the rocks. All the sand is gone and the rest of shore line is falling in. I'm just shocked. All the rocks you see the first picture are gone. They are buried. The shingles of course ripped off. And the porch ... well .... I hope Jackie doesn't get any funny ideas about crusing the neighborhood. All she has to do is jump out the window. Who said life on the lake is dull. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hi Joel and Carole,
I had no idea how bad you had it out there! I am glad you are OK.
What are you going to do now? All that work gone to waste. I am so sorry.
Susan Rae
Well, Joel has been out there finding rocks every night. I really hope the weather holds out this weekend because I would like to have all the seed in and ready to water.
Post a Comment