Yesterday I got a call from the social worker. A birth mother was looking at our profile. This is mildly exciting because NO ONE has looked at out profile since last FEBRUARY. She is Somali... Couldn't find a better fit then here in this community. I just had a Somali student in my office when I got the phone call and I have henna tatoos on my hand from a Somali student who brought them for me. ( I wasn't ready to commit to the looooong term henna thing) The henna drawings they do on their hands and feet is really cool.
The biggest concern is alcohol the most. I was taken back by the question...but I asked a student about it and he told me that is a biggie in the Islamic religion. I thought about saying NO we really don't have any alcohol in the house... but I guess the garage which in the summer is usually filled with beer does count. So, things will be what they will be...
I'll keep you posted as we get news. I'm guessing today or tomorrow we should find out.

No comments:
Post a Comment